Doctoral Research Studentships for International Students at King’s Business School in UK, 2018-2019.The King’s Business School is calling international students to apply for its full-time PhD studentships to start in the 2018-2019 academic year. The studentship is for three years and will cover tuition fees and an annual stipend of £16, 553.The students will be assessed on Evidence of the candidate’s individual research potential as well as the quality and fit of the proposed research.
The King’s College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a founding constituent college of the federal University of London. King’s College London is ranked seventh in the UK according to The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17. 84 percent of King’s research is ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ (REF014) providing the perfect environment for you to share and develop your passion. King’s is in the top seven UK universities for research earnings with an annual research income of £171 million.
- Study Level: Studentships are available to pursue Doctoral research programme.
- Course Subject: King’s Business School welcomes applicants in any of their areas of research expertise.
- Scholarship Advantage: The studentship is for three years and will cover tuition fees and an annual stipend of £16,553. In order to prepare students for academic careers, individuals receiving a studentship will be expected to undertake some teaching and/or mark activities in the School. Any teaching undertaken will attract payment in addition to the stipend.
- Nationality: Home, EU, and International students.
- No. of Scholarships: Numbers not available.
- Scholarship Location: Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: Home, EU, and International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Requirements For Entrance: Applicants must have met all the entry requirements:
All applicants for the full-time PhD programme are eligible to apply, including Home, EU, and International students.
You will be required to live in the UK throughout your full-time studies, although it is understood that you may need to spend short periods overseas while conducting fieldwork.
English Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants are strongly advised to contact a member of academic staff to discuss the research proposal prior to making an application.
There are two steps to apply for a studentship and both must be completed before the deadline to be included in the competition:
- A short ‘studentship application form’ must be completed and submitted to Flores Anderson-Bryan, Research Officer, via flores.anderson-at-kcl.ac.uk.
- An application for entry to the programme must be submitted online, see Research Courses. To be eligible for a studentship, applicants must specify a Ph.D. in Management & Business with a start date of September 2018 or January 2019. In the ‘Funding’ section of the Online Application Form, applicants should indicate that they are applying for a King’s Business School Doctoral Research Studentship. Applicants should use the ‘Research Proposal’ section of the application form (approx. 500 words) to set out their doctoral thesis and project in summary. They should use the ‘Personal Statement’ section (approx. 500 words) of the application form to set out their academic background and interests and their reasons for wanting to pursue a postgraduate research study in the School.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2018