Summer Arabic Language and Media Program Scholarship in USA, 2017.Scholarships for International Students in USA.The Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center is inviting applicants for Summer Arabic Language and Media Program Scholarship. The scholarship is open exclusively for US applicants.The aim of the scholarship is to educate a new generation of culturally sensitive and knowledgeable citizens in each society.
The Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center (SQCC) is an organization based in Washington, DC, that seeks to promote understanding of the culture and heritage of Oman and the countries of the Arabian Peninsula.
Study Level: The scholarship is available to pursue Arabic language study.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of the Arabic language.
Scholarship Anvantage: SQCC will cover international travel to and from Washington, D.C. and Muscat, Oman, program language classes, room, board, SALAM-sponsored travel for weekend excursions, and all entrance fees for program activities. Students will be required to purchase international health and medical evacuation insurance and arrange travel to and from Washington, D.C. and their home city.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship Location: Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens, enrolled in a degree-seeking program (BA, MA or PhD) in spring 2018, and have completed four semesters (or the equivalent) of university-level Arabic coursework.
Nationality: US applicants are eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requiremet: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Write an essay discussing what you hope to accomplish during the SALAM program and how you plan to incorporate this experience into further academic or career plans. (500-750 words)
- Describe a time, either abroad or in the U.S. when you interacted with a person/people from a different culture than your own. What was your experience like? What challenges did you face, and how did you resolve them? (200 words)
- Write an essay, in Arabic, introducing yourself to the SALAM program staff, including a discussion of your personal and professional interests and goals. (175 words)
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from an Arabic instructor
- Unofficial transcripts
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 31, 2017.