University of Oxford MBA Scholarships in UK, 2018-2019.MBA Scholarships for International Students in UK.The University of Oxford is offering Skoll Scholarships for MBA students. The scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School.
The mission of the Skoll Centre is to accelerate the impact of entrepreneurial activity that aims to transform unjust or unsatisfactory systems and practices.
Saïd Business School is an academic department and the business school of the University of Oxford in UK. It is the University of Oxford’s centre of learning for undergraduate and graduate students in business, management, and finance.
Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English speaking university are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
Study Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing MBA programme at the Saïd Business School.
Study Subjects: Scholarship is awarded to MBA students who want to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
Scholarship Advantage: The Scholarship is intended to cover the Oxford Saïd MBA course and college fees, which in 2018-19 will be £55,000. Additional funds of up to £8,000 are provided as a contribution towards living expenses, totalling an award of £63,000.
Number of Awards: The Skoll Centre typically awards up to five Scholarships every year.
Scholarship Location: Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship, you must first be accepted onto the Oxford Saïd MBA programme, and meet the following criteria:
- Have started a new social venture or an initiative within an existing organisation, or pursued positive change as an impact career professional (i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue with a clear core thread that unites his/her work) for preferably 3 years or longer by the time you apply for the MBA;
- Have demonstrated evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership;
- Have demonstrated how a business education will help further your career goals;
- Have demonstrated need for financial support.
Nationality: Students of any nationality can apply for these Skoll scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The MBA Admissions Committee considers a wide range of criteria, to apply for MBA student need to meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree
- Relevant professional experience detailed in a 1-page CV
- GMAT or GRE score
- English test (if required)
- Mandatory essays: How do you fit with Oxford Saïd’s mission? (Maximum 500 words) and Is there anything not covered in the application form which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you? (Maximum 250 words)
- A completed online application form
Test Requirement: The MBA admissions team recommends candidates apply with a GMAT score of 650 or above. The recommendation for GRE scores is a verbal score of 160 and a quantitative score of 161
English Language Requirement: Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English-speaking university are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
Timelines for the 2018-19 academic year are as follows:
|Apply for the Oxford Saïd MBA during stages 1 or 2||Apply by January 5, 2018 (at the latest)|
|MBA final decision from Oxford Saïd||March 9, 2018 (at the latest)|
|Skoll Scholarship online application sent to candidates||March 12, 2018|
|Skoll Scholarship online application deadline||March 25, 2018|
|Skoll Scholarship skype interview decision announced||April 9, 2018|
|Skype interviews||Mid-April 2018 (to be confirmed)|
|In person interviews in Oxford||Mid-June 2018 (to be confirmed)|
|Skoll Scholarship final decision||June 20, 2018|
How to Apply: To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- 2. Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1 and 2 of the MBA admissions process for the 2018-19 academic year. All the information about the programme and relevant deadlines can be found here.
- 3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
- 4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
- 5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
- 6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
- 7. That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join a Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee. If you are successful after your skype interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage; and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
We encourage you to apply to the MBA as early as possible. If you have applied during stage 2, but the decision on your MBA application has been pushed back by the School’s Admissions Team you will need to let us know if you still want to be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship. We will decide on a case by case basis if you are eligible to continue with the Scholarship application process.
Application Deadline: Candidates must apply to the Oxford MBA programme during specific stages of the School’s application rounds to be considered for the Skoll Scholarship.